While on vacation in Rehoboth Beach, DE, consider bringing your bicycle or renting one while you are here. Here’s some helpful resources to cover all the bases for cycling in Rehoboth Beach, DE.
It’s easy to vacation nearly car-free in Rehoboth Beach! Here’s a few tips, courtesy of BikeNow.org, to enjoy a more efficient form of travel.
1. Find Beach View Hotel (6 Wilmington Avenue, downtown Rehoboth Beach) on the Delaware Bicycle Maps and draw a circle with a one- or two-mile radius around it. Use a highlighter to mark places inside the circle that you want to visit.
2. Choose a familiar place and try bicycling rather than driving. See if you can find a comfortable route and secure parking. Add a new location every day or two or if you live here, every week or so.
3. See if you can find a closer destination for errands that fall outside your circle.
By slowly increasing the number of bicycle trips and incorporating transit or using a carshare program, you’ll be living car-lite in no time!
• Bike Delaware
This independent, non-governmental, member-supported non-profit advocacy organization strives to make cycling a safe, convenient and fun form of transportation.
• Sussex Cyclists
This group organizes regular rides around Sussex County.
• Dewey to Lewes Bike Trail map:
Trails open 8am to sunset most days
• Rent Bikes at Atlantic Cycles
They have 2 Convenient locations, offer bike reservations, routes and maps.
– 18 Wilmington Ave (less than 300 feet West of Beach View Hotel)
– On the boardwalk at Virginia Ave (from Beach View Hotel, go to the boardwalk and head North for about .4 mile. It’s about an 8 minute walk.)
Do you have some helpful tips or favorite places to cycle in or around Rehoboth Beach, Delaware? Please share them in the comment section below.